[olug] cisco VPN help needed

Hurley Rod RHurley at TENASKA.com
Thu Dec 7 20:29:45 UTC 2006

If you get it to work, I would love to hear the details.  Good luck.

Rod Hurley

Network Administrator

Tenaska Marketing Ventures

Ph 402 758 6187

C  402 981 9561

Fx 402 758 6203

Fx to email 402 938 6903

rhurley at tenaska.com

-----Original Message-----
From: olug-bounces at olug.org [mailto:olug-bounces at olug.org] On Behalf Of
thelarsons3 at cox.net
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 2:23 PM
To: gnmug at lists.gnmug.org
Cc: olug at olug.org
Subject: [olug] cisco VPN help needed

I'm having real difficulties getting the Mac Cisco client to establish a
connection with my corporate network, making working from home an
impossibility right now.  :(  Has anyone ever gotten this to work right?

If there's a free x86 emulator that works well on G5s I'd be willing to
give that a shot, even.  Coworkers tell me that the Cisco client works
fine with x86 Linux, and it goes without saying that it runs in Windows.

I haven't tried it in a while so I can't relay exactly what happens when
I try, but I'll be giving it another shot tonight.  Any/all advice
welcome.

Thanks,
Tim
--