[olug] Ubuntu Nebraska Local Team Founded

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Sat Dec 2 18:19:27 UTC 2006

Ubuntu Local Community (LoCo) teams (1) are a way for Ubuntu enthusiasts to
help advocate, promote, develop, and otherwise help spread the use of Ubuntu
Linux.  Brad Arth and I have founded the Nebraska Team (2) to do this work
locally in Nebraska and Western Iowa.  We're looking for interested people
to join us.  A big part of the Nebraska Local Team's mission will be doing
whatever we can to support OLUG. We've also got several other projects that
we're interested getting off the ground.(3)

If you're interested, please join our mailing list (4) and plan on attending
our first IRC meeting on Thursday, December 7th at 2100 (9 pm) CST.
The meeting will be held in the #ubuntu-midwest channel at irc.freenode.net.
(Our application to freenode for the nebraska channel is pending.)
A meeting agenda will be posted on the Nebraska Team wiki page by Monday.

We're just finishing up Ubuntu OpenWeek, a chance for you to test drive the
different features of the Ubuntu community.  Logs for the meetings that
took place this past week are located on the Ubuntu wiki.  The logs for
Becoming an Ubuntu Member, The Ubuntu BugSquad, Using Launchpad, and
the Ask Mark Shuttleworth logs were especially interesting to me. (5)

Hope to see you on the list,

Dave Thacker

(1) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeams

(2) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NebraskaTeam