[olug] Help me select a distrob

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Mon Apr 17 12:29:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, HAB Boy wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:28:23 +0300
> From: HAB Boy <haobboy at gmail.com>
> To: olug at olug.org
> Subject: [olug] Help me select a distrob
>
> Guys/Gals,
>
> I have done a lot of search to select a distro to switch from Win to
> Linux. Finally, I came up to two distros
>
> 1. Mandriva (Mandrake)
> 2. Fedora Core 5
>
> Can any of you help me making a choice and may be give me some of the
> pros and cons of both based on experience
>
> HAB

Out of your list, I would choose Fedora Core 5.  Adding the packages to
Play DVDs, Movies and MP3s is pretty easy using yum or yumex, and I
haven't found a format I can't play yet.  Plus, FC5 is very current, as
it has the latest versions of Gnome and KDE to choose from.

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Operations Manager, Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/