[olug] XGL?

Don Kauffman dekauff at cox.net
Wed Apr 12 03:37:05 UTC 2006

Just out of curiosity has any one played around with this new desktop
"scheme"? If so, I'd love to hear about your experiences with this.

Might be interesting to have XGL available on a machine at the
installfest. I've got the kororaa XGL live cd but my machine doesn't
have the oomph to run it. I can burn a few copies for those who'd like
to try it and has the machine to do it as I've downloaded the iso.

Here are the notes from Kororaa:

NOTES
* Username is "kororaa", password is "xgl". To become root run "sudo su
-"
* Version 0.2 IS an installable version of Kororaa, as well as a Live
CD.
* Supported drivers are "nvidia" (nVidia Geforce3 and higher);
"fglrx" (ATI r350, r300, r250 and r200; Intel Video via DRI (tested on
my i865 chipset, not sure about others); and ATI Radeon via DRI (works
well on my 64Mb Radeon 7000).
* A list of cards that are supposed to work with Xgl can be found here
(please note this may be different to what Kororaa Xgl Live CD
supports).
For a list of which cards are supported by their drivers, please see
nVidia's here and ATI's here.

Don Kauffman