[olug] Saving email messages, bookmark files and addressbook entries

neal rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Sat Apr 8 17:15:47 UTC 2006

cd ~
find . > find.txt

  Then examine find.txt and you'll see where various things are located.
You can make a tar file of your home directory as a first step. If this
stuff is important to you I'd strongly suggest a new distro going on a
new drive and keeping your old stuff live - I've faced some challenges
in moving mail from various programs over the years ...