[olug] IPv6: my annual attempt

Neal Rauhauser neal at lists.rauhauser.net
Wed Sep 28 04:15:33 UTC 2005

  Its time for my annual attempt to put IPv6 to work. This is the fifth
year and I'm really hoping I'll be able to do something useful with it :-)

  I'm running a Cisco 2610XM, a Cisco 1605, and two tunnels from
tb.ipv6.btexact.com for service, I've installed the IPv6 enabled apache
1.3 port, and I've used bind9 for a long time so I've just had IPv6
support there.

  Bind starts and binds to [::1]:53 udp and tcp but the server fails.
IPv4 service from the machine works just fine even when this is
happening. I ran it in debug mode and there is an amazing amount of
fussing about root servers.

  Has anyone else waded through this business already? What little
tidbit am I missing?