[olug] Gentoo pre-compile in the background w/o install?

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Sat Sep 17 04:22:15 UTC 2005

Use the buildpkgonly option with emerge

 --buildpkgonly (-B)
          Creates  binary packages for all ebuilds processed without actu-
          ally merging the packages.  This comes with the caveat that  all
          build-time dependencies must already be emerged on the system.

then 'emerge -K' to emerge the binary packages.