thanks Re: [olug] list just directories and not files

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Fri Sep 2 15:16:22 UTC 2005

Sean Kelly wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 08:13:06PM -0500, Brian Wiese wrote:
>

>>Is there a way in unix to list "just the directories" and none of the
>>other files?
>>
>Try `ls -ld */`
>
>Tricky, but it works.

Yep! Thanks... I think I've used that in the past.  On some old unix
terminals (-F option in ls) I'd get that "directory/" view by default
and just forgot about it. =)

Thanks Dave and  Jay for your help on the "-exec somecommand {} \;"
trick!  I was playing with xargs and couldn't get that to work. =)

--
bwiese[at]cotse.com | brianwiese.net | 402.297.9392
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Gladiator