[huskerlug] Re: [olug] Husker LUG

Cesar Delgado cdelgad2 at bigred.unl.edu
Fri Oct 28 19:04:33 UTC 2005

There's many issues with the HLUG cluster.  As Carl hass stated in some
other email these issues are of space and ports mostly.  Once upon a
time I was talking wit the higher ups in IS about gettin' an ISO server
for the HLUG on campus.  We got to a point where there was a machine and
space and when it came down to give us access to the machine, everything
crapped out and nothing came of it.

As Carl also said in another email, I do greatly apreceate that everyone
in the HLUG's so generous and is willing to send money this way for the
upkeep of the port and such but a better solution has to be found.  The
place where we keep the machiens right now (intop of some filing
cabinets, I kid you not) has to be requested every year and there's
always the possibility that we might not have that space at any moment.
  I do have plans to make the cluster a fun project for those interested
using LVS, Coda, as well as the thing being heterogenious, but as of now
I think it's just going to stay in my head.

I don't know what to do about finding a permanent home for the cluster,
or even if it's not a cluster, just 1 machine.  I'll try to find a
solution to this as time, and resources permit.

-Cesar