[olug] Web video on Linux/Firefox

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:08:42 UTC 2005

The Mrs. will actually admit to like using Linux once in a while and
it took her a bit longer before she would admit to liking Firefox.
But she's not totally sold, because she can't play videos on webpages.

One of her examples is "abcnews.com".  I go there, try to play a
video, and it says it needs Flash Player 7.  I downloaded Flash Player
7 for Linux, quit Firefox, and installed it as root.  Now when I go to
abcnews.com and click on the video link, I see the ABCNews logo in the
player, but the video never plays.

Anyone have any insight?

--
Mike Hostetler