[olug] Newbie Question # 10,279

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 05:33:46 UTC 2005

At least it's a Linux related question, and not all
this OT crap that's been going on lately.

If you did a default install, there's a good chance it
installed.  You should be able to verify with 'which
apache' at the CLI.  If it is installed, you'll need
to type 'apachectl start', I believe, to start the
daemon.

--- Jack Dunn <jdunn110 at cox.net> wrote:

> I'm running Mandrake 10.2 on my home computer and
> would like to be able
> to test my php files before I load them to the
> website.  I'm guessing  I
> have to have Apache working on my machine.
>     I did include Apache in the initial install, but
> I'm not sure how to
> get it running.
>
>     Jack

"So, it's like 'The Brown Noise', except for computers."
   - Jenna, after my description of an EMP.