[olug] encrypted login to PHP-bb forums?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Oct 12 12:40:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:05:36PM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Well... considering that PHP-bb is typically run on Linux via apache &
> php4... I would say that it isn't much different from any other web site
> you want to encrypt logins for.
>
> In other words, SSL.

I would suggest you reconsider your need to use phpBB as well. It does not
have a good track record when it comes to security. Go search the Bugtraq
list archives on it and you'll see what I mean. It averages more than one
issue a month.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org