[olug] Re: Will Internet Partitions Rise?

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 17:23:42 UTC 2005

Many offices could not afford the hundreds if not thousands per month
for redundant high speed internet connectivity.  The only practical
solution for many small businesses would be if they coshare their
broadband with a neighbor that has a competing isp, so neither has to
pay for more than one isp.  For instance, one tenant uses Cox and the
other uses Qwest.  In some instances, even if the server you were
trying to reach had multiple paths, it was not reachable.