[olug] server space, or how to get around cox port blocking?

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 00:25:13 UTC 2005

Interesting; I can get in across my LAN but cannot get
in from outside with ssh at all.  Simply gives a
"connection refused" message.
If anyone else can hit my domain with http or ssh let
me know.  Otherwise I'm going to have to make changes.

--- Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3 at cox.net> wrote:

> Eric Lusk wrote:
> > Actually, I can't get through to port 22, and the
> > server is dmz'ed through my router.  I even set
> Apache
> > to run on port 435, and can't get through to it...
> > Will experiment with it later on...
>
> I've been getting into my machine (on Cox's net)
> with ssh (port 22) all
> week.
>
> I set my router to translate port 8000 to 80 as it
> forwards to the right
> internal IP.  That way I can leave the Apache config
> as-is.
>

> Tim
>
> --
> Tim & Alethea
> christtrek.org

http://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.