[olug] Database export problem

Tim Russell philodux at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 05:51:13 UTC 2005

Eric,

If you know, for example, what data is contained in
the file (for example, the first row, or the first
couple of rows), it shouldn't take much to reverse the
file - assuming, of course, you're just after data and
not interested in maintaining anything else out of the
database (relationships, etc).  Being a programmer, my
first instinct is to reach for the compiler.

For example, if you know the first row contains Name,
address, and phone number, and you can reasonably find
those fields within the file, you should be able to
write a program that can scan and extract the data you
want.

Then again, the file format might be way more
complicated than I'm guessing at, and I just don't
know what I'm talking about =)  This is occasionally
the case =).

- tim