[olug] Homebrew wireless

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Fri Oct 7 00:29:12 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 04:44:45PM -0700, OBrien, Timothy wrote:
> > but instead because they are very unfriendly to spectrum as a general
> > rule and it is a violation of FCC rules.
>
> It is only a violation if someone reports you to the FCC, and the FCC come
> knocking at your door... ;)

Nice. This is exactly the attitude that the free software community needs
to exhibit. Show the man that we don't give a damn about public resources
like spectrum, and will take a crap all over it if it suits our purposes
despite teh negative consequences on the innocent bystanders.

Do the world a favor and don't advocate this sort of behavior, even as a
joke. It is pretty lame. Do you want me to pingflood your upstream provider
and screw with your Internet connection, just because they won't catch me
and it suits me to do it?

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org