[olug] Database export problem

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 22:22:37 UTC 2005

I'm trying to export a proprietary database format so
that it can be read by Excel.  The standard format of
the database files gives lots of garbage from carriage
returns, spaces, etc., in Linux or Windoze.
The program itself has an export option, but that only
exports 3-4 fields to an tab-delimited file.  I'm
going to try and modify the export options tonight and
keep my fingers crossed.
Anyone else have any ideas about removing the garbage
from a proprietary file?  I dread telling the client
they'll have to manually input 9000 clients....
TIA

http://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.