snacks Re: [olug] OT: Cookies!

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sun Oct 2 03:51:38 UTC 2005

One thing my mother still does when I'm "working on the computers at
home" (gotta love moms!) is drop off a plate of: sliced apples, some
grapes, cheese/crackers or other finger foods.  A nice healthy snack.
=)  It's true... I really do enjoy having a snack nearby while at the
PC, small portions though - or else it becomes too much of a distraction.

A-Wal wrote:

> I've found that my power snack is reeses candies.  The ones like
> M&Ms.  I can eat those by the handfull all day long.
>
> Will Langford wrote:
>
>> Just an observation I've made recently...
>> I've got a 2 year old I play daddy to every other weekend, and
>> inevitably
>> end up buying snacks every other weekend...
>> I'm not too much into buying store brand cookies, cause, well, they
>> usually
>> suck.. but I'm also interested in saving $5 every other week if I can
>> (ie:
>> buy him a toy with it instead)...
>> So I've been trying a 'middle priced' brand of cookies called "Rippin'
>> Good". I know the NoFrills at 36th & Q sells them, dunno about other
>> stores.
>> Anyway, their chocolate chip and 'duplex' cookies both kick ass.
>> Why mention it here ? Geeks tend to look for good snacks while
>> pecking away
>> at a keyboard :)
>> -Will

bwiese[at]cotse.com | brianwiese.net | 402.297.9392
"What we do in life echoes in eternity" - Gladiator