[olug] Qpest PPPoA authentication?

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Fri Nov 25 15:58:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Neal Rauhauser wrote:
> I have customer who has agreed to replace their Qwest ActionTech DSL modem
> with a Cisco 1720+WIC-1ADSL.
> The config below causes ATM0 to go up/up, I know the userid and password I
> have are correct, but in watching console messages it says I need some sort
> of authorization setting. Has anyone dealt with this before on Qwest's
> network? I played a bit with aaa authorization commands but I was just
> throwing darts - it'd be really nice if someone could cough up the one liner
> I'm missing here ...

This is what I've got on a 2600 with the same wic. I don't think you want
CHAP. You probably shouldn't specify the IP either, it will get passed by
the NAS/Radius server on the far end. Everything else looked fine.

interface Dialer0
  ip address negotiated
  no ip proxy-arp
  encapsulation ppp
  dialer pool 1
  dialer vpdn
  dialer-group 1
  ppp pap sent-username username password 7 encryptedpw

--
Dave Weis
djweis at internetsolver.com
http://www.internetsolver.com/