[olug] FC3 install stops in boot of cd1

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Thu Nov 17 20:19:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Mike Hostetler wrote:

> Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:30:57 -0600
> From: Mike Hostetler <hostetlerm at gmail.com>
> To: cdelgad2 at bigred.unl.edu, Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>
> Subject: Re: [olug] FC3 install stops in boot of cd1
>
> On 11/17/05, Mike Hostetler <hostetlerm at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 11/17/05, Cesar Delgado <cdelgad2 at bigred.unl.edu> wrote:
> > > Sounds to me it might be a hick-up with the CD.  Although it might not
> > > be.  Have you tried burning another copy of the 1st CD?
> >
> > Maybe, but the images passed the MD5 test.  I'd be willing the try that, though.
>
> No go.  Same thing.

Can you boot the disk on another machine and use the media check option to
check all the discs?  The MD5 might be right, but you might have bad media
after the burn.

Also, try appending the 'nodma' option at boot.

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/