[olug] Who else has a Mac?

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Fri Nov 11 23:53:08 UTC 2005

On Nov 11, 2005, at 8:17 AM, Sean Kelly wrote:
> What are you talking about?! Their AC adapters rule. The whole thing
> where
> the cord coils up, the colored end indicating charged/charging, and the
> removable plug to add in the extension cable. These rock.

Yes, they rock. And then they fail. I've had 2 die on me at $90 a pop
or $50/60 used eBay. The first one the cord frayed out, the 2nd just up
and died. I even tried this:

http://www.theappleblog.com/2005/08/13/powerbook-65w-ac-adaper-repair/

Didn't work for me.  :)   Don't buy them for extras/replacements. Buy
macally from buy.com. Much sturdier AFAICT.

> I also like the little button on the PowerBook battery that makes the
> LEDs
> light up to indicate the battery charge.

Indeed. No complaints there. My battery lasted 2 years of daily use,
bought a new one on eBay and I'm back in business w/ ~ 2.5 hour charge
times again (under full brightness, wireless on).