[olug] Who else has a Mac?

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Fri Nov 11 03:47:13 UTC 2005

My 667mhz 15" pb with 1 gb is still a good machine. Macs hold their
value for a long time compared to a PC. I'm holding out for a new x86
power book as my next machine.

That said, it's slow enough it's mostly used for email/word
processing now. The ex cracked the screen, so I'm scared to move it
to much or it'll get worse. My pc (x86-64/2gb/win xp) + putty is my
main home machine now. I tried to use linux, but I love my guitarport
(guitar amp/effects modeler) too much, and it's windows only. I use
several windows machines with exceed and a slew of big sun boxes at
work though. I'm now in charge of the first ever linux machine there,
so I'm stoked about that.

-- Daniel