[olug] OLUG mailing list suggestion(s)

VHP3 vhpascale3 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 00:17:39 UTC 2005

I can't take it anymore.  I've been biting my tongue
for way too long.  I'm about to speak my mind.
Beware.

I think it is time that OLUG consider creating several
other mailing lists, in addition to the main list.
Reason being:  there is too much crap on the current
list and not enough Linux stuff.  In fact, we're now
10 days into November and I honestly think I can count
on one hand all the Linux related threads there have
been.  That's not good, IMHO.

There's too much stuff like:
* penguin swatting and other useless posts.
* Congressional beefs (though admirable)
* computer garage sales
* etc.

I originally joined the list for the technology
aspect;  To learn about Linux and other technologies
from those who know more than I do.  But the list is
no longer about the technology.  Or if it is, it's got
me fooled.

So, my suggestion(s):  Separate mailing lists under
one organization.

* current olug list - *NIX ONLY!
* one list for selling/trading stuff - it seems to be
that popular
* Other technologies - I did like the discussion, a
while back, regarding the different PCMCIA wireless
cards.
* Other bitchings - Congressional, Microsoft, etc.

My $.02.  If my thoughts and opinions offend
you...sorry.

With all that said, I believe it is time for me to
exercise one of the few rights I'm always guarenteed.
The right to leave the list.  It's not worth it
anymore.

Vince Pascale