[olug] New to the OLUG List

Mario Steele eumario at trilake.net
Fri May 27 23:24:33 UTC 2005

Hello one and all,

I'm Mario Steele, and I'm a recovering Windows user for 3 months.  I've
played with Linux many times before, but never fully ran on Linux till 3
months ago when a friend sent me a copy of SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro.  Ever
since, I've been running on Linux, and enjoying every minute of it.  I
figured the next logical step, was to begin plans for world domination,
but since that fell threw, I googled for local Linux User groups, and
stumbled apon OLUG.

I'm glad to see there are Linux User Groups here in Omaha, and hope to
learn more about the group, and Linux in equal time.  Oh yea, I guess
this thing is suppose to have a little bit about myself.  Alright, I
guess, if you insist.  I've been a General computer geek for about 7
years, dealt with all versions of Windows, each one more crappier then
the last.  My first few Linux Distro's was given to me by a friend,
which was good old Red Hat 5.2, Corel Linux, and pukish FreeBSD.
(Pukish, cause I could never get the thing to install.)

I'm surprised at the advancements that Linux has undercome, since thoes
early days, and slightly dis-appointed in some of the Commercial
Distributors of Hardware, for not supporting certian devices.  *grumbles
at ATI for not supporting Radeon IGP 320M*  In the past three months
since Linux has been my home OS, I've been switching between Fedora Core
3, SuSE Pro 9.2 and 9.3.  I'm currently, however, on 9.2, since 9.3 has
rendered my Video card prone to freezing up my entire system, whenever I
attempt to run a Full Screen OpenGL App.

I don't know everything about computers, and I don't know everything
about Linux, but I'm steadly learning, and will hope to learn more about
Linux from thoes in the group, as well as with my own trials and
trivialations.

Thank you for your time,
Mario Steele
Attaining World Domination, one byte at a time.
http://www.trilake.net
http://enchantedblade.trilake.net