[olug] PC BSD and a hello

Cale Lewis dlazlo at fbx.com
Sat May 21 23:29:58 UTC 2005

Jeff (or anyone else on the list)

>anyway<g>)  But then for giggles I installed PC-BSD 0.6 on that same
>laptop.  I have to say, for a workstation BSD it is quite usable and an
>easy install.  (Remember this is to an older Dell Inspiron laptop)

I haven't tried this newest of the lot because of my dial-up, but if anyone
in the area is interested in sort of pooling our resources and working out a
disk swapping network for olug (providing you all haven't done so already and
I just missed it).

I have been wanting to look over PC-BSD, and would be more than happy to burn
copies of the disks I have around and drop them in the mail or at some
location mutually convenient where they could find their way thru the olug
grapevine. Maybe a "Local Resources" listing on the olug site could be used
if there's enough interest.

>I just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I just signed up at
>OLUG.org.

>I look forward to meeting you guys. Take care.
>
>Brad

Also like to say "Hi!" to Brad.

Cale Lewis