[olug] Suse on AMD 64 - Install issues.

Wes Ferrel wferrel at ferrel.org
Thu May 19 14:10:48 UTC 2005

I've been bumming around various google search attempts and not found
anything that helps.

Trying to install Suse 9.2 (as I've not yet found 9.3 install DVD iso)
on an HP zv6007 laptop.

I'm seeing " APIC error on CPU0 0(40)" errors, and the fast format
followed by a hang at 100%, similar to what is described in the
following post:

http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/index.php?showtopic=15391

I've not tried any of the other versions, and this person has seen the
problem with 9.3.

I have tried setting up the filesystems prior, and then installing on
exisiting FS without a format, and I still see the APIC errors, and the
setup hangs at around the same place.

I'm going to try FC3 64-bit and see where that gets me, but I'd really
like to give Suse a shot on this laptop.

Any thoughts / suggestions / help?

       Wes