[olug] Easy BSD install - PC BSD

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Mon May 9 03:27:29 UTC 2005

Hey All,

I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but there is a new easy to install BSD distro out
there called PC BSD http://www.pcbsd.org/

They've taken freebsd and put a graphical installer on top of it.  I've given it a spin and it is
a pretty easy install, and is pretty decent.  It kinda of makes me feel nostalagic for my 386bsd
days.  One of the funniest things about it is the installer is under the GPL license :-)

This is not optimised for servers it is a desktop version of BSD running KDE.  If you've always
wanted to see what the big deal was about BSD you could do a lot worse than giving this a spin.

Regards,

Aaron
-=-=-
"Kubuntu! KUBUntu!! KUBUNTU!!!" - The future

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html