[olug] Broadcast Flag

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Sun May 8 20:28:58 UTC 2005

I think u are correct in thinking that the cards canott replace the box. Reason why is Cox has to authorise your digital reciever thru some kind of network control at the headend. At scola we have something similar for our recievers, as does DTV and Dish. As far as I know scola and cox ones are not nearly as complicated as dtv/dish/echostar etc.
mainstream sat recivers need to be authorised with at least two-three differnt serials as where i believe cox is one.
I think it would be fairly easy to crack but I'm scared of bubba and dont have the time for the really fun stuff in life anyways. :D