[olug] Wireless Card Roll-call

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Thu Mar 31 03:31:35 UTC 2005

on a similar note, my roomate and I have been runing wireless, mostly on winders, but we live in a new apt, and I looked at the punchdown block and discovered that its all cat5e for telco svc, we dont have a phone here, just cell and vonage so we put a router near the punchdown location, put ends on that side and installed rj-45 plates in place of the rj11 plates, man I like hard wired much better than wirless. U should check to see what u have running behind those walls.
As far as your question, dunno, but I do have some sma, smb, and I belive smc cables around here, the only thing with those is that they are all 90 degree connectors, which from my experience is a instant 6db loss, but I havnt tested these for loss. If you want one or two let me know