[olug] IE and mozilla.org

Kent Tegels ktegels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:23:22 UTC 2005

So on this topic in general since its near and dear to my heart today,
assuming that "we have to have it" isn't debately -- what strategies
are folks implementing for -- and I mean this honestly -- "damage
control?"

I'm seriously thinking about designing an Exchange-based messaging
solution since its feature set is "highly desired" but I'd like to put
something I can have more control over/confidence in on the perimeter
for Spam, AV and relay. Any recommendations?

Also, any recommendations for NNTP?

Thanks!
Kent

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:17:48 -0600, Rod Hurley <rhurley at tmvgas.com> wrote:
> I cannot divulge any company information on this subject, but I can say
> for the first time ever since I have started our technical opinions on
> this matter held NO merit.  We got the "Cause we said so" on this one.

> These are the 3 I know of so far:
>
> 1) Meridian
> 2) Tenaska
> 3) Omni
>
> Sorry Rod, I forgot your deadline is not April.
>
> The analysis of this would be interesting, and maybe
> even the actual (not specuative) reason(s) for this
> Exchange push could be extrapolated.
>
> -=Sean=-
>
> --- Rod Hurley <rhurley at tmvgas.com> wrote:
> > Well you now know of 4, but not by the end of April.
> >
> > Rod Hurley
> > Network Administrator
> > Tenaska Marketing Ventures
> > ph:  402-758-6187
> > cell: 402-981-9561
> > fx:   402-758-6275
> > rhurley at tmvgas.com

> > 8:53:39 AM >>>
> > And what about Exchange?  I now know of 3 companies
> > in
> > Omaha who have a MANDATORY migration to Exchange to
> > occur by the end of April.
> >
> > Does anybody else think this to be beyond
> > conincidence?
> >
> > -=Sean Edwards=-
> > cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
> >
> > --- Adam Lassek <adam.lassek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've noticed that on some versions of IE, the link
> > > on mozilla.org to
> > > download firefox doesn't show up. Has anyone else
> > > noticed this?

Thanks!

Kent Tegels