[olug] (OT) - Free/Cheap Temporary Colo-space

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Wed Mar 16 16:50:57 UTC 2005

K.J. Kirwan wrote:
> I am currently starting a personal/business web page
> as www.(MyName).com but I am doing it on the low
> budget plan where I redirect to my free ISP web page
> space.  But when the public clicks, it ends up looking
> like www.(MyISP).com/users/webpages/(MyName) or
> something like that.  (I don't want to use the tricky
> option (masking?) to hide this, it causes other
> problems.

I have my domain hosted free by my old LUG (they don't mind as long as
traffic is insignificant), but all links off the homepage go to my
dyndns address which is hosted at home.  It's not quite as nice-looking,
with a 3rd level domain and a port number, but good enough for personal use.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org