[olug] Samba PDC and XP

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:42:29 UTC 2005

It probably is not linux.  I had something somewhat similar happen
with a real Win2000 domain controller.  It would do the offline file
sync even when i asked it not to; furthermore, it was synchronizing
files i could not have it synchronize such as shared database files.
At this point, i could not trust the system, so i activated the group
policy to disable offline files altogether.  If you also have a
Windows 2000/3 Server, you may want to check that group policy is not
set to force offline files.

Did you check "Control Panel" --> "Folder Options" --> "Offline Files?"