[olug] (OT) - Free/Cheap Temporary Colo-space

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Mon Mar 14 03:12:51 UTC 2005

If you wanted to have an independant Data Center...

The industrial park at 156th & Center would be a good location
If I remember correctly, you can get bays in the size range of
1000 square feet and up for around $800/month, so figure on

Space  $800-$1000/month
Utils  $300-$500 /month
T1/DSL $300-$500/month
Initial Wiring Costs ~$3000(unless someone's an electrician)
Commitment would probably be a minimum of three years.

Other thoughts...

I have a client that may still have some used raised flooring.
I can donate a rack or two.

I am available for emergencies on a 24/7 basis, and live 5 minutes from my
store.