[olug] (OT) - Free/Cheap Temporary Colo-space

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Thu Mar 10 14:48:30 UTC 2005

Who is hosting the OLUG servers???  Is it with IPR???  (hence the OLUG
discount?).

On the topic of a OLUG Community data center,  as the techies we are, we
should be able to aquire a facility somewhere for a reasonable price and I
most definitely would be willing to pay some kind of dues to the Group to
have one.  The dues could go towards the rent of the space and the
connectivity.  Users that wanted to use the facility for now would be
required to use there own servers, UPS's.  Im sure there are enough of use
that may have spare parts, components, cables, etc... That we could probably
build the network infrastructure.

Any other thoughts, ideas, comments????

Thanks
Trent