[olug] Anyone dealt with Emperor Linux?

Martin Willett mwillett at highstream.net
Thu Mar 10 04:19:01 UTC 2005

Starting a new job, getting a new laptop of my choice ... has anyone
dealt with Emperor Linux? I'm tempted by their Meteor (Sharp MP30),
Silver Comet (Sony S170) and Toucan (IBM 41/42) ... also, has anyone on-
list ever used the Emperor tweaked version of Fedora? As long as I'm on
someone else's dime, it's mighty tempting to have somebody else get
everything (DVD, USB, function keys, Wi-Fi, etc.) working right out of
the box. I'm aware of Tadpole and a few other resellers (and of
adventures trying to avoid the M$oft tax), and I've also checked out the
SuSe HP they sell on the HP site. Don't know yet if I'd sell my soul and
go for dual-boot ... I run Linux exclusively at home. Advice is more
than welcome.