[olug] Live CD that scans for Windows viruses?

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 02:26:07 UTC 2005

well, the good news is Knoppix has Nessus, which scans
for viruses.  the bad news is you'll have to check the
Knoppix or Nessus web site on specifics as to how to
get it to work.  It wants a host, which I would
presume would be localhost, but it also wants a
password for the user "knoppix", and I haven't seen
anything on that yet...
But it looks like Knoppix will do the trick. Very nice
distro.
--- Dave Thacker <dthacker9 at cox.net> wrote:

> Is there a live CD or toolkit that I could use to
> boot a dead (Windows
> protection error) W98SE system and run a virus scan
> on the Windows
> partitions?
> DT

=====
http://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.