[olug] Slightly OT: Acer Laptops

Jeff Hinrichs JeffH at delasco.com
Tue Jun 28 03:00:05 UTC 2005

Not with Acer, but in general I like to use a "live" distribution to do
a quick check to see if a machine will work the way I want it to work.
You might consider knoppix.  Although there are quite a few live iso's
around now.  For FreeBSD I use Freesbie 1.1.

http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php is a great place to find
one based on your distro of choice.

Hth,
Jeff