[olug] Dual Athlon MP info

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:27:57 UTC 2005

This is a bit late... sorry... busy busy at work.

Other than cooling and VRM/terminator stuff already mentioned, there's
only one concern.

Dual CPU really shouldn't be much of an issue. Just keep an eye out
for any linux device drivers that aren't SMP friendly.  BackInTheDay
it used to be a real problem.  Other than that, I've had little issue
with Linux on a dual or quad system, and a friend has run it on an 8
proc sun system with no issues.

Remember to make -j 3 :)

-Will