[olug] X pegs cpu

gregory w zill gregory at r3g.net
Sun Jun 19 12:02:07 UTC 2005

I frequently find X pegging the CPU with 99% and I must kill it to resume.
It has become an annoying and puzzling daily ritual. Does anyone have a
tuning tip? I will run a ISO wget script over the course of a day and X
pegs CPU after an hour or two. I will run and xterm and then open a
browser and after 30 minutes of browsing X just freezes.

OS = SuSE 9.1 Pro
CPU = 1.8 w/256 L2
kernel = 2.6.4-52
physical RAM = 512
swap space = 1024 MB

+----------------- obligatory fortune-cookie ------------------+
There can be no twisted thought without a twisted molecule.
		-- R. W. Gerard