[olug] writing img file

Mario Steele eumario at trilake.net
Wed Jun 8 20:57:42 UTC 2005

Noel Leistad.com @ METC wrote:

> I feel pitiful.
>
> after much work compiling kernal for evdo-router, found image files @
> wirelessinternetcoverage.com
>
> came as bz2 file, uncompressed. now have stompbox.0.9.img
>
> tried dd if=stompbox.0.9.img of=/dev/sda  .and. dd if=stompbox.0.9.img
> of=/dev/sda1
> tried w and w/o bs=
>
> no joy.
>
> Google hasn't been much help on "install img" {to CF|file|to disk}
>
> Any suggestions. Thought dumping a WORKING img file on to system would
> be easier than figuring out what I've missed on install instructions. I
> forego the learning experience ( I need a breather).
>
> Any suggestions on how to even just mount the .img file?? mount -t ext2
> -o loop stompbox.0.9.img /mnt/img doesn't work either.
>
> Noel
> noel at metc.net or tux at metc.net

I've not had much experince with evdo-routers, but if I'm not mistaken,
it should have a mini-http server, that you can remote administrate the
router interface, and perform various administration stuff with it.  It
should have a section for upgrading the firmware in it, and if it does,
you should upload the img file through that interface.  Again, I could
be wrong, as I said, haven't had much experince with evdo-routers.

Good luck with it

--
Mario Steele
http://www.trilake.net/

http://enchantedblade.trilake.net/
The insanity of the world, wrapped in a nice little HTML Document.  Welcome to my world now.