[olug] qwest cable

Mac Petras mpetras at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:27:29 UTC 2005

I had it for a year at 156th & Q. I worked well enough. However I had
serious speed issues intermitently at about 10pm (not super often, but
enough that I noticed a pattern). I never figured out what the deal was.
Their TS said they weren't doing anything on their end, so....

My only "issue" with them was that they use a "non standard" modem. It's
supposedly more efficient/better (of course), but it wasn't DOCSYS II (?)
complient, so I could not use the modem I already owned, adn the modem they
used was not compatible with my Linksys firewall/router, so I had to get a
Netgear....

Other than that....no super serious "I hate them with a passion"
issues......

Mac