[olug] router, router, router

Christopher R. White cwhite at rcom-ne.com
Tue Jul 26 16:39:00 UTC 2005

Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:

> Jon H. Larsen wrote:
>
>> Why not look into one of the other firmware choices available for the
>> WRT54G?
>>
>> Check this page:
>> http://howtos.linux.com/howtos/Linksys-Blue-Box-Router-HOWTO/x187.shtml
>

> Has anyone here done this?  What are the benefits?  I don't know if
> I'm completely comfortable flashing the ROM.
>
> Tim

Done it to my Linksys WRT54G and flashed with the Sveasoft firmware.  Am
able to go back and forth between "hacked" and original w/o issue.

Works great!  Sveasoft firmware gives ability to increase transmission
power from radio and enable both radios at the same time (using one
original antenna and one modified outdoor antenna to reach my sisters
house 2 blocks away)  The performance is roughly 802.11b at these
distances, but workable!

Chris in Kearney