[olug] SSL-Explorer vs. OpenVPN vs. Other

Jim jameso at elwood.net
Wed Jul 20 13:43:02 UTC 2005

Never used SSL-Explorer, but OpenVPN is great. Its worth taking a good look
at.

I used OpenVPN to secure a wireless connection (in place of WEP) and to do
some site to site work. For the site to site I had been using Ipsec.

One nice thing about OpenVPN for road warriors is you can pick what port you
want to run it though. So for instance run it through tcp 443, udp 53, etc.
You can usually find a way out of a network unless everything gets proxied.

Jim