[olug] Parted resize HFS+ partition success

Christopher R. White cwhite at rcom-ne.com
Mon Jul 18 18:13:49 UTC 2005

This is Chris from Kearney - I came to the InstallFest and left somewhat
empty handed.

Just thought I should share with all of you I managed to successfully
resize my HFS+ partition using parted.  I first had to disable
journalling on the drive by entering 'sudo diskutil disableJournal
/dev/disk0s3' from the Mac OS X Terminal, then I booted my iBook using
the Kubuntu 5.04 live cd to have access to the drive from Linux.  After
that, it was a matter of googling to learn to use parted and all was
well.  After I finished and saved changes, I re-enabled journalling by
typing 'sudo diskutil enableJournal /dev/disk0s3' from the OS X
Terminal.  I now have nearly 8 gigs of free space to use for Linux on my
iBook G4!

Chris