[olug] Lunch venues?

Jeff Hinrichs JeffH at delasco.com
Thu Jul 14 17:15:25 UTC 2005

I am confused a bit too at this point.  The current official  location
is California Tacos.  However, Tim Larson suggested moving it to CiCi's
pizza on Saddle Creek.   Sean piped up then concerned about making it
from Downtown to Saddle Creek utilizing public transportation
considering the amount of time he has for lunch on a work day.

Which leads me to believe, that unless there is overwhelming support for
the change, it will remain at Cali Taco's until we "officially" submit a
change.  I'm not against CiCi's, in fact a change of venue would be
good, but logistically it might be less than optimal given the short
notice and no "official blessing" (info listed on the olug web) for this
lunch.

How about:  We officially request a nomination/voting process for a new
east side OLUG lunch location?  We can start the nomination process off
straight away and close nominations next Friday (7/22)  then at the
close of nominations a list will be made, voted on (type of vote to be
decided prior to nominations) and then a winner selected at least a full
week before the next lunch gathering?

Comments/flak?