[olug] NEbraskaCERT conference 2005 August 9-11

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 05:06:46 UTC 2005

Hey Guys,

I mentioned this at the meeting last week.  But in case you weren't
there.

NEbraskaCERT is hosting our 7th annual NEbraskaCERT conference this
August 9-11.  We would appreciate your help in getting the word out.
A couple of reasons people might want to hit our conference.

o - Chance to sit for CISSP/SSCP exam
o - NSA IEM training available
o - Really good slate of keynoters
o - Excellent track speakers
o - We are THE security conference in the midwest

If you have any questions please feel free to send me an e-mail
at ajgrothe at yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Aaron Grothe
NECertconf 2005 Coordinator
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying

###

Begin Announcement

###

NEbraskaCERT 2005 Conference
August 9-11, Omaha Nebraska

NEbraskaCERT will be hosting our 7th annual NEbraskaCERT
conference this August 9-11 in Omaha Nebraska.  Our topic
for this year's conference is Security & Reality.

###
Five Reasons to Attend the NEbraskaCERT 2005 Conference
###

#1.  National Keynoters

This year we have Stuart McClure of FoundStone and Jim Cristy
of the Cyber Crime Institute as our keynoters.  Which combined
with our slate of speakers results in a great selection of
topics for all levels from beginners to experts.

#2.  Training/Testing Opportunities

In conjunction with ISC^2 we offer an opportunity to sit for any
of the ISC^2 exams (SSCP, CISSP, CISSP associate, areas of
concentrations) the day before the conference begins.

In conjunction with NSA/Security Horizons we will be offering
NSA IEM training at the conclusion of the conference.

#3.  Affordable/Location

We stive to provide the highest value conference
available.  We are the strongest security conference in
the midwest.  We pride ourselves on our repeat attendence.

#4.  Limited Size

We limit the number of attendees at our conference to 250.  This
results in a more intimate conference.  You can actually
get a chance to talk to the speakers.

For more information about our conference please visit our
website at http://www.certconf.org

#5.  All the content without the Fear Uncertainy and Doubt (FUD)

We do not believe in FUD.  We accept and allow speakers to talk
about theoretical topics, but we are committed to providing
solutions instead of just stirring the pot.

information.  We hope to see you in August.

George McMullin
Executive Director
NEbraskaCERT, Inc.
http://www.certconf.org