[olug] JUNO on WINE on LINUX

Rob Townley rob.townley at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 18:05:12 UTC 2005

I am in Europe for the forseeable future, but there are 3 Liberian
refugee boys back in Omaha with a few computers i hope they can
somehow get to the Installfest.  They are very interested in learning
and are generally willing to go through trial and error to get
something to work.  They listen well, but Linux will be a major
challenge for them.  It would be great if somebody would look out for
them.

Another challenge is that Juno.com offers 10 hours of free internet
service per month, but the dial-up software only runs on windows.
Does anyone know how to get that to work with Linux?  Anybody willing
to try it under wine?  I am in Europe without a PC.  Do you know any
free providers that work with Linux?

http://account.juno.com/s/landing?action=viewProduct&productId=free&group=free

p.s. In Europe, I would have thought i would have seen Linux more
often, especially in internet cafes, and only one has even come close
to allowing me to run Knoppix.  I have not been using the internet
much because all of the machines are windows and few have virus
protection.  It is scary.