[olug] noob question

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Jul 7 01:04:31 UTC 2005

The name isnt broadcast, it is resolved by a Name Server.

You need to register mydomain.com(at somewher like godaddy.com), and setup
a domain name server to pointmycompname.mydomain.com at your external
xx.xx.xx.xx address, i.e

i.e.
home.mydomain.com = 68.96.22.157

I can do this, or
maybe someone on this list can point you at a free dynamic DNS service?