[olug] Option 82 (relay) configuration on DHCP server

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Fri Jul 1 02:09:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 02:17:48PM -0500, Dan Ross wrote:
> which is the sort of information I am trying to tackle.
> I am also willing to admit, readily, that I dont completely understand
> the code that this person wrote.
> I thought perhaps log referred to the system log file or the defined
> lease log file, but this code generates events in neither.  It does sort
> of work in that the client does get an address but I have no record of
> his circuit relay agent etc only that the address was leased.

In dhcpd.conf, log() will output to syslog. Nothing more, nothing less. It
is just for logging.

If the configuration excerpt doesn't log anything to your syslog, then I'm
guessing that you're not receiving any option 82 data in the DHCP packets.

I would suggest searching the entire dhcp-server list archive for material
covering this. There is a lot of it. If that fails, try mailing the list
for help as well. There are some helpful people on it.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org