[olug] Rolodap status and use, suggestions?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Jan 29 19:00:40 UTC 2005

Thanks Bill... eGuide looks pretty slick, especially for a business office
and seeing organizational charts.  It requires Tomcat though, and I'm not
certain if I can use it to store info into an LDAP server (site mentions
ldap can be used as a data 'source' only) -- so that I can then access
email addresses through my mail client.
... anyone have any other suggestions?

PS- Glad to hear you're still at AIM Adam - just thought I'd check since
even the ~adamh/ was unavailable.

Brian

> You might take a look at Novell's eGuide.  It is intended to be an
> employee
> directory that reads info out of an LDAP source, but it could easily be a
> personal address book.  Last I knew Novell had made it available for free.
>
> Bill
>
> olug-bounces at olug.org wrote on 01/29/2005 12:00:46 AM:
>
>> > I'd really like to setup an address book that I can keep in one place,
> and
>> > access from anywhere... on a website would be nice, but LDAP
> integration
>> > into email clients would be even better.  So, the only thing I could
>> > remember and find like this... is Rolodap.
>> >
>> > On the main website: http://rolodap.sourceforge.net/
>> > it links to Adam's howto:
> http://www.omaha.org/~adamh/rolodap_howto.html
>> > which is a dead link now... is Adam still at the AIM institute?
>> > Is rolodap still in use?  Can anyone suggest anything better?
>> >
>> > thanks - Brian

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator
http://brianwiese.net